The Ladies League of Little Landers was
formed in December 1922. The organization later changed its name to the Weeks Community
Women's Club, and finally to the Winnetka Women's Club on May 6, 1935. The Winnetka Women's
Club Collection consists of record books which contain minutes from the Executive Board,
General Meetings and the Garden Section of the Club proper.
The Winnetka Women's Club was formed in December 1922 as the Ladies League of Little
Landers. The organization later changed its name to the Weeks Community Women's Club, and
finally to the Winnetka Women's Club on May 6, 1935. The minutes reveal a close-knit group
whose members formed a bond of friendship and worked toward edification of the membership
through guest speakers, programs, and special field trips. The club disganded in May
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s) of
this collection has not been transferred to California State University, Northridge.
Copyright status for other materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials
protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires
the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be
commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any
use rests exclusively with the user.
The collection is open for research use.