The University of San Diego School of Law records include correspondence, reports, informational brochures, and news releases
pertaining to the early administration of the School of Law. The majority of the material dates from the 1950s through the
1980s giving a look into the functions of the School of Law and future projections. Photographs and photograph albums of faculty
and students are also included.
The University of San Diego School of Law began accepting applications in April 1954 and graduated its first eight students
in 1958. The School of Law was accredited by the American Bar Association in 1961 and joined the Association of American Law
Schools in 1966. In 1996, the School of Law joined the Order of the Coif, an honorary scholastic society for legal education.
By 1973, enrollment had reached 877 students.
These records are open for research.