Leaflets, pamphlets, press releases, and serial issues, relating to movements for peace, disarmament, preservation of American
neutrality during World War II, and opposition to conscription and military training in educational institutions.
The National Council for Prevention of War (NCPW) was founded by Frederick J. Libby on October 21, 1921, as the National Council
for Limitation of Armaments. Later evolving into the National Council for Prevention of War, the American pacifist organization
had a mission to prevent a trans-Pacific war through progressive world organization, the reduction of armaments by international
agreement, and global education for peace.
4 manuscript boxes
(1.4 Linear Feet)
For copyright status, please contact the Hoover Institution Library & Archives.
The collection is open for research; materials must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use.