The University Archives Photographs offer a visual record of the
history of the University of California, Davis. The collection contains photographic prints and negatives, and depicts
buildings and grounds, faculty and staff, annual events such as Picnic Day, campus events, classes and classrooms, student
clubs and activities, departments, and sporting events.
The University of California, Davis campus, originally known as the University Farm, was established by an act of the
State Legislature in 1905.
All applicable copyrights for the collection are protected under chapter 17 of the U.S. Copyright Code. Requests for
permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the Regents of the University of California as the owner of the physical items. It is
not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Collection is open for research.