The Myron Hunt & H. C. Chambers collection spans 33 linear feet and dates from circa 1900 to circa 1970. The collection is
primarily composed of the work of Myron Hunt & H. C. Chambers but also includes the work of Hunt and Grey, Architects, Myron
Hunt's independent firm, as well as the work of Chambers and Hibbard. The work of these firms is documented through black-and-white
photographs, negatives, newspaper and magazine clippings, correspondence, contracts, ephemera, presentation boards, architectural
drawings and reprographic copies.
Myron Hunt & H. C. Chambers, Architects was an architectural firm based in Los Angeles that was started by Myron Hunt with
Harold C. Chambers in 1920. The two worked together for 27 years, until 1947, when the firm dissolved. Throughout the lifetime
of their firm, Hunt and Chambers designed residential, civic, and commercial buildings. Some of their more notable projects
include: the Henry E. Huntington residence in San Marino which is now the Huntington Library, the Flintridge Biltmore Hotel,
and the Pasadena Public Library.
33 Linear Feet
(14 half record storage boxes, 1 oversize box and 7 flat file drawers)
Open for use by qualified researchers.