Records pertain to the administration of the office at Stanford and the overseas campuses in Great Britain, Italy, Austria,
France, Germany, Spain, Mexico, and other locations.
The Overseas Studies Office was established in 1958, and Robert A. Walker, a professor of political science at Stanford University
and chairman of the Committee on General Studies, was appointed director. The first campus was set up in Beutelsbach, German
in 1958 and shortly thereafter, in October of 1960 two additional locations in Tours, France, and Florence, Italy, were opened.
Later, as demand grew, centers were opened in Britain at Harlaxton in 1966, in Austria in October 1966, and at Salamanca,
Spain in October 1968.
Property rights reside with the repository. Literary rights reside with the creators of the documents or their heirs. To obtain
permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Public Services Librarian of the Dept. of Special Collections.
Private student information in accession ARCH-2019-096 is restricted for 75 years from date of creation, collection is otherwise
open for research; materials must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.