Correspondence, telegrams, circulars, notes, speeches, clippings, minutes, protocols, and seals, relating to Polish foreign
relations with South Africa and Polish émigré organizations, fund-raising for war relief, and consular activity in South Africa.
A Polish Consulate General was established in Cape Town, Union of South Africa, on January 1, 1929. It was headed by Consul
General Michał Kwapiszewski from January 1, 1930 to August 1, 1931. It then became an Honorary Consulate under Honorary Consul
Cyryl Caro (August J., 1931-September 15, 1934).
3 manuscript boxes
(1.2 Linear Feet)
For copyright status, please contact the Hoover Institution Library & Archives.
The collection is open for research; materials must be requested in advance via our reservation system. If there are audiovisual
or digital media material in the collection, they must be reformatted before providing access.