Eleven ledgers from the Edwards Ranch in the Evergreen area of San Jose, created by Wilson L. Edwards, Lloyd L. Edwards, and
Wilson Edwards purchased land in 1872 in what is now Evergreen, but was originally part of the Rancho Yerba Buena Secorro
Mexican land grant. He settled on the land with his bride Dolly Cottle, daughter of Benjamin Cottle. Wilson Edwards was descended
from Henry Williams Edwards who came to California from Illinois in 1850, arriving in San Jose in 1853. Wilson’s son Lloyd
L. (1886-1976) served as president of the San Jose Production Credit Association and president of Farm Loan Cooperative, and
was living on the Edwards land near Aborn Road in San Jose at the time of his death.
For reproduction and publication, please contact the Curator of Library & Archives.
The collection is open to the public for research by appointment with the Curator of Library & Archives.