The Collection for the History of Cartography was founded in 1971 by Roy V. Boswell and Ernest W. Toy, Jr., to provide a resource
for scholarship and education in the history of cartography.
The full collection contains 3089 volumes; 1526 maps in 120 map drawers; 46 document boxes.
Property rights reside with the California State University, Fullerton University Archives and Special Collections. No part
of an audio tape or manuscript may be quoted for publication without the written permission of the University Archives and
Special Collections, California State University, Fullerton.
Requests for permission to quote from these materials should be addressed to:
California State University, Fullerton
University Archives and Special Collections
800 N. State College, PLS-352 | Fullerton, CA 92834-3599
Permission requests for photograph use can be made by the completion of an Application for use-images form.
The collection is open for research.