North Pacific Coast Railroad Company was incorporated on December 19, 1871 and operated from July 25, 1874 to March 7, 1902,
when it was sold to North Shore Railroad Company. It consisted on 92.61 miles of track and ran from Saucelito to Duncan Mills.
Began running a ferry service out of Saucelito to San Francixco beginning in 1875. Service was taken over by the North Shore
Railroad in 1902.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Capital District Collections Manager. Permission for publication is given
on behalf of the CSRM as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright
holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.
This collection is open for research at our off-site storage facility with one week's notice. Contact Library & Archives
staff to arrange for access.