This collection is comprised primarily of minutes, record books, and financial ledgers. These relate to the Native Sons Hall
Association, the Sacramento Parlor, the Sutter Fort Parlor, the Sunset Parlor, the Oakpark Parlor, and the Native Sons of
the Golden West Association. Ephemera related to these parlors and associations are also included.
The Native Sons of the Golden West is a fraternal service organization founded in 1875, limited to native born Californians
and dedicated to historic preservation, documentation of historic structures and places in the state, the placement of historic
plaques and other charitable functions within California. In 1890 they placed the first historical marker in the state to
honor the discovery of gold which gave rise to the state nickname "Golden State" and "Golden West."
The collection is open for research use.
All requests to publish or quote from private manuscripts held by the Center for Sacramento History (CSH) must be submitted
in writing to the archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of CSH as the owner of the physical items and is
not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the patron. No permission
is necessary to publish or quote from public records.