Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Roseville Better Gardens Club Scrapbooks
A-001.1(1)-(13)SB  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (52.02 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
 
Table of contents What's This?
  • Descriptive Summary
  • Access
  • Publication Rights
  • Preferred Citation
  • Acquisition Information
  • Biography/Administrative History
  • Scope and Content of Collection
  • Indexing Terms

  • Descriptive Summary

    Title: Roseville Better Gardens Club Scrapbooks
    Dates: 1928-2002
    Collection Number: A-001.1(1)-(13)SB
    Creator/Collector: Roseville Better Gardens Club
    Extent: 2.5 linear feet; 13 Books
    Repository: Roseville Historical Society
    Roseville, California 95678
    Abstract: Better Gardens Club scrapbooks depicting the club's history through photographs, correspondence, awards, expenses, membership, State and County fair participation etc.. The Roseville Better Gardens Club was formed in 1928 by Mrs. F. A. Lewis in her home on Carmel Avenue in Roseville. Mrs. Lewis was also the club's first president. The chief aim of the club is to create a deeper interest in home gardening, landscaping, and beautifying of city parks, schools and other civic improvements. In 2017, the club is still active.
    Language of Material: English

    Access

    Open to the public by appointment.

    Publication Rights

    For permission to reproduce or publish, please consult with the Roseville Historical Society. Permission for reproduction or publication is given on behalf of the Roseville Historical Society, as the owner of the physical items. The researcher assumes all responsibility for possible infringement that may arise from reproduction or publication of materials from the Roseville Historical Society Collection.

    Preferred Citation

    Roseville Better Gardens Club Scrapbooks. Roseville Historical Society

    Acquisition Information

    Unknown

    Biography/Administrative History

    The Roseville Better Gardens Club was formed in 1928 by Mrs. F. A. Lewis in her home on Carmel Avenue in Roseville. Mrs. Lewis was also the club's first president. The chief aim of the club was to create a deeper interest in home gardening, landscaping, and beautifying of city parks, schools and other civic improvements. As of 2017, the club is still active.

    Scope and Content of Collection

    The Roseville Better Gardens Club was formed in 1928 by Mrs. F. A. Lewis in her home on Carmel Avenue in Roseville. Mrs. Lewis was also the club's first president. The chief aim of the club was to create a deeper interest in home gardening, landscaping, and beautifying of city parks, schools and other civic improvements. As of 2017, the club is still active.

    Indexing Terms

    Gardening
    landscaping
    beautification
    Agriculture