the American Revolution Fernanda Maria Chapter Collection
administration and activities of the Northridge based local chapter of the National
Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, and reflects a segment of San
Fernando Valley social life in the 20th and early 21st centuries. The hereditary based
organization's educational, patriotic, historic preservation, and genealogy
activities are reflected primarily through scrapbooks, meeting minutes, photographs, and
The Daughters of the American Revolution Fernanda Maria Chapter was founded in 1952 in
Van Nuys, but later relocated to Northridge. It is a local chapter of the National
Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, which is a membership organization
that admits descendants of those that aided the American Revolution in some form. The
Fernanda Maria Chapter was named after the first girl child baptized at Mission San
Fernando. The Chapter's installation ceremony was held at Campo de Cahuenga on
October 20, 1952. In 1953 the chapter organized the San Fernando Valley’s first Children
of the American Revolution Chapter, and in January 2001 the chapter merged with the Juan
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s)
of this collection has not been transferred to California State University,
Northridge. Copyright status for other materials is unknown. Transmission or
reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond
that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of
the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
The collection is open for research use.