These records include the planning materials, speech transcripts, programs and invitations for University of San Diego
The San Diego College for Women held its first graduate ceremony in 1954, awarding Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science
in Nursing degrees to nine individuals. Reverend Charles Buddy presided over the commencement each year until 1964, when Francis
Furey began presiding. The ceremony was held on the San Diego College for Women Alcalá Park campus. The College for Women
continued to hold separate ceremonies from the College for Men and School of Law until 1968 when the schools began the process
This collection is open for research.