Scrapbooks created by the Exchange Club of San Jose documenting the organization's community service projects in the 1950s.
The Exchange Club of San Jose was formed in 1949 and is still active. According to the club's website, "The history of the
organization dates back to the 1900s when a group of businessmen began meeting for lunch to exchange business leads and information.
When the club formally organized in 1911, the name Exchange was chosen because of this exchange of information. Exchange became
a national organization in 1917 and established its headquarters in Toledo, Ohio. This club was established in San Jose in
1949 as a downtown service club."
15 scrapbooks (approx. 4 linear feet)
Because the scrapbooks have been created using third-party content such as newspaper clippings and commercial photography,
History San Jose does not claim to own copyright.
The scrapbooks are available to the public for research by appointment. In addition, they have been photographed and are available
to view on the Internet Archive.