The Campbell Soup Company Sacramento Plant records document the plant's culture and history from 1948 to 2013. The majority
of the collection is made up of photographs of plant activities and employee events, and company publications, including annual
reports, newsletters, magazines, and anniversary celebrations. Also included are an employee scrapbook and various food industry
Joseph Campbell and Abram Anderson formed Campbell Soup Company in 1869. Their first plant was located in Camden, New Jersey,
and the company went through several changes in name and ownership before it began to expand its products and plants across
the United States and the world. In 1947, Campbell opened its third soup plant, and its first on the West Coast, in Sacramento,
3 linear feet
All requests to publish or quote from private collections held by the Center for Sacramento History (CSH) must be submitted
in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Permission for publication is given on behalf of CSH as the owner of the physical
items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the patron.
No permission is necessary to publish or quote from public records.
Collection is open for research use.