The collection contains materials produced by or about Pepperdine libraries between 1937 and 2013. The libraries represented
are the George Pepperdine College Library (Los Angeles campus); Payson Library and the School of Law library (Malibu campus);
and the Orange County Center library. Items include correspondence and memos, subject files, photographs, library newsletters,
annual reports, and audiocassettes.
When George Pepperdine College opened in the fall of 1937, there was no library building and no librarian. The registrar,
J. Herman Campbell, purchased the initial order of books, which faculty chose by selecting titles from Charles Shaw's A List of Books for College Libraries. The basement of the President's home on campus served as a staging area for library book processing, and two rooms in the
administration building served as the library for the first school year, 1937-1938.
7.3 Linear Feet
Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Advance notice required for access.