The collection consists of a small, disassembled album of mounted photographs depicting the Bliss Ranch, owned by brothers
John Dallett Bliss and Robert Parker Bliss from the mid to late 1890s. The ranch was located near the base of the Verdugo
Mountains in Glendale, California, on property once part of the Rancho San Rafael Spanish land grant. In 1900,Leslie C. Brand
purchased the property and shortly thereafter he sold a tract to the Pacific Electric Railway. Bliss Station became the northern
terminus for a line extension running from downtown Los Angeles to the Verdugo Mountains. The property also included the Sepulveda
Adobe, which the railroad turned into the legendary Casa Verdugo restaurant, a popular tourist destination known nation-wide.
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s) of this collection has not been transferred
to Glendale Central Library. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law beyond that allowed
by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially
exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.