Cal Poly Pomona's athletics program began 1939 when the school formed a baseball team. In the following decades, a number
of sports have been introduced for both men and women including basketball, track, cross country, volleyball, and tennis.
The collection includes photographs, papers, memorabilia, and audiovisual recordings documenting the students, staff, and
various teams that have participated in Cal Poly Pomona's athletic programs.
Cal Poly Pomona's athletics program dates back to 1939, when the school—then known as the Voorhis Unit of Cal Poly San Luis
Obispo—formed a baseball team. The Voorhis Unit was established in 1938 at the former site of the Voorhis School for Boys
in San Dimas, California as the southern satellite campus for Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. The baseball team played against local
high schools and junior colleges until 1943, when Cal Poly abruptly closed the campus in response to declining war-time enrollment.
26.6 Linear Feet
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository
and the copyright holder.
Advance notice required for access.