Walter Bliss (1872-1956) and William Faville (1866-1946) were partners in the architecture firm Bliss & Favillle from 1898
until 1925, working mainly in northern California and San Francisco in particular. Both Bliss and Faville were educated at
the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; after they graduated they worked for the New York based firm McKim, Mead & White.
They moved to San Francisco in 1898 and formed their architecture firm. Bliss & Faville were known for residential work, but
after the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Fire, they received many commercial and civic projects as well.