Collection of scrapbooks, photographs and administrative records of the Palos Verdes College.
Palos Verdes College was a private, two-year, co-ed, liberal arts college, located off of Crest Road in the Rolling Hills
area of Rancho Palos Verdes. It opened in September 1947 under the direction of founding president, Dr. Richard P. Saunders,
who came to Palos Verdes from New York University. The site of the school was a former Army Air Force base, composed of barrack-like
buildings. The site was temporary pending the construction of a large permanent campus on a nearby parcel of land.
3.3 Cubic Feet
3 letter document boxes, 3 oversize flat storage boxes, 1 oversize folder.
The collection is open for research use.
Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the Local History Center for access information.