Collection includes a centennial history of the organization, two songbooks, multiple magazine issues, programs and 1 photograph.
The Grizzly Bear magazine was published regularly by the Native Sons of the Golden West beginning in May 1907 and served as the official publication
of the Native Daughters of the Golden West until 1956, when the California Herald began. It continued until the August/September 1971 issue.
The Native Daughters of the Golden West is a fraternal and patriotic organization founded on the principles of Love of Home,
Devotion to the Flag, Veneration of the Pioneers, and Faith in the Existence of God. The historic mining city of Jackson,
Amador County, was the birthplace of the Order of Native Daughters of the Golden West.
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Director for
Historic Resources. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation Research
Center as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which
must also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open to researchers.