Minutes, memoranda, reports, correspondence,
budgets, and photographs related to the departments's courses, research, and operations of the Department of Agronomy and
The Department of Agronomy and Range Science began in 1904 as the Division of Experimental Agronomy in the College of
Agriculture of the University of California, Berkeley. In 1906, the division was largely moved to the University Farm at
Davis, which was better suited to researching agricultural practices of the Central Valley. The two-year non-degree program
included practical work in agronomy and experiment station research focused on developing improved cereal and range crop
All applicable copyrights for the collection are protected under chapter 17 of the U.S. Copyright Code. Requests for
permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the Regents of the University of California as the owner of the physical items. It is
not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Collection is open for research.