A collection of materials,
predominantly 8 x 10 inch black-and-white photographs of Bethel Missionary Baptist Church
(Pasadena, California) members and events. Also included are images of congregants
associated with the Silver Leaf Chapter No. 7 Order of the Eastern Star (O.E.S.) and the
King Solomon No. 10 Masonic Lodge.
Bethel Missionary Baptist Church was founded in February 1959 under the leadership of
Reverend Freeman S. Stevens and was formally recognized as a constituted Baptist Church the
following June. The church moved to its new location at 1972 North Fair Oaks Avenue in
Pasadena, California on September 8, 1963. Certain congregants were also members of the King
Solomon Masonic Lodge No. 10 (currently the South Pasadena Masonic Lodge) and the Silver
Leaf Chapter No. 7 of the Order of the Eastern Star (O.E.S.), an appendant body of the
0.21 Linear Feet
The Huntington Library does not require that researchers request permission to quote from
or publish images of this material, nor does it charge fees for such activities. The
responsibility for identifying the copyright holder, if there is one, and obtaining
necessary permissions rests with the researcher.
Open for use by qualified researchers and by appointment. Please contact Reader Services at
the Huntington Library for more information.