This collection contains five decorative scrapbooks from 1965 through 1970 created by members of the Native Daughters of
the Golden West Parlor 217 (Santa Rosa, California). Scrapbooks include newspaper clippings, organizational activities, parlors
specific publicity, historical articles about Santa Rosa, Sonoma County and California in general.
The Native Daughters of the Golden West was founded in 1886 as a fraternal and patriotic organization under the principles
of "Love of homel devotion to the flag; veneration of the pioneers; [and] faith in the existence of God" (Source: http://www.ndgw.org/).
At one time, some 338 chapters, or "parlors," existed across California, open to anyone born in California; most have since
disbanded. The Santa Rosa Parlor, no. 217 was instituted May 29, 1920 by Willow Borba of Sebastopol, Calif., and others, and
initially held meetings in Sebastopol, but later in Santa Rosa. Parlor no. 217 disbanded in the 1990s.
5 linear feet
Collection does not circulate and may be photocopied or photographed by arrangement only.
Conditions Governing Access:
This collection is partially processed. Please contact the Sonoma County History and Genealogy Library for access; for
contact info and current hours, see