Photographs taken by James Child documenting the November 23, 1988 move of the historic Forthmann House from 629 W. 18th St.
to 1101 W. 28th St. (now 2801 S. Hoover St.). The collection also includes an essay by Jim Childs about the move, a copy
of the Cultural Heritage Board's notice of historical status for the house, and correspondence and related information about
the relocation and planned use of the house by USC. The Forthmann House was built in the late 1880s, is believed to be the
6th oldest house in Los Angeles, and was declared an historic and cultural monument in 1972 by the City of Los Angeles.
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Manuscripts Librarian.
Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended
to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.