The Oakland-Piedmont Jewish Community
Center served the East Bay community from 1958-1994. This collection consists of the
administrative files of the organization and it's various departments. The materials are
arranged in alphabetical order.
The Oakland-Piedmont Jewish Community Center was established in 1958 and provided essential
services to the East Bay Jewish community until it was forced to close in 1994 due to
financial issues. OPJCC provided the East Bay with Jewish daycare and children's camps,
basketball courts, swimming pools, a gym, and other community programs for youth, adults,
and seniors. Outside of programs at the Center, OPJCC was involved with helping Russian
Jewish refugees get settled in the Bay Area in the 1980s. In 2003, Oakland-Piedmont Jewish
Community Center and Berkeley-Richmond Jewish Community Center combined to become the Jewish
Community Center of the East Bay.
22.5 linear feet
Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17,
U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of
University of California gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and
publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials
protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of
the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited
without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with
the user. For additional information about the University of California, Berkeley Library's
permissions policy please see: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/about/permissions-policies
Collection is open for research.