Contains the organization's articles of incorporation and by-laws, minutes, correspondence, subject files and newsletters.
Miraloma Park Improvement Club had its first meeting of residents on Aug. 22, 1930. MPIC's purpose is "to promote the individual
and collective interests [of all Miraloma Park residents]." The Garden Club* was started at the same time. By July 1946, the
combined clubs had a membership of 1000. Club president, C.A. Fountain, wrote in 1944: "Miraloma Park believes wholeheartedly
in the master plan and that San Francisco will be an outstanding, energetic city worthy of its illustrious children." Since
its inception, the organization has vigorously pursued benefits and the retention of neighborhood character. *The Garden Club
was dissolved in May of 1992.
(7 cubic feet)
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the City Archivist. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the San Francisco Public Library as the owner of the physical items. Photographs can
be photographed but cannot be photocopied.
The collection is available for use during San Francisco History Center hours, with photographs available during Photo Desk
hours. Collections that are stored offsite should be requested 48 hours in advance.