The materials in this collection focus on the Joseph Filippi Winery, a Southern California winery that started in 1934 and
currently operates out of Rancho Cucamonga, California. The collection contains clippings; wine columns that former winery
co-owner Gino Filippi wrote for the
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin; wine bottles and labels; and a drawing of the Thomas Vineyards building in Rancho Cucamonga, which was once owned by the
Filippis. The collection also contains materials related to the Chaffey Community Art Association and Museum of Art, which
used to be located in the Joseph Fillipi Winery.
The Joseph Filippi Winery was started in 1934 by Giovanni Filippi and the Filippi family. Giovanni Filippi originally came
to the United States in 1904, working as a mason, and helped to build a winery in the community of Guasti in Southern California.
Filippi went back to Italy briefly but returned to the United States with his son, Joseph, in 1920.
10.18 Linear Feet
(8 boxes, 1 flat file drawer)
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository
and the copyright holder.
Advance notice required for access.