This collection contains official records of the Petaluma Cinema Club (also known as the Petaluma Cine Club) of Petaluma,
California from establishment in 1942 to dissolution in 1971.
The inaugural meeting of the Petaluma Cinema Club took place on Jan. 27, 1942, when a group of amateur movie fans became "charter
members of the ... organization formed to assist eight- and sixteen-millimeter enthusiasts in bettering their films through
exchange of ideas, experiments, and constructive criticism of each other's pictures." () The club offered members demonstrations, opportunities to collaborate on making amateur films, outings and more for the
next 30 years. Eventually, interest in filmmaking waned and in 1972, the club shifted its focus to still photography and
renamed itself as the Petaluma Camera Club. ( )
1 linear foot
1 box (3 record books; 3 file folders)
Collection does not circulate and may be photocopied or photographed by arrangement only.
Conditions Governing Access:
This collection is unprocessed. Please contact the Petaluma History Room for access; for contact info and current hours,