Title: Broadway Theater Collection
Collection number: MS118
5 items (1 oversize box)
location: Section C, Aisle 18, Row A, Bay 6, Shelf 5
Loyola Marymount University. Library. Department of Archives and Special Collections.
Los Angeles, California 90045-2659
Abstract: This artificial collection consists of four photographs of the Ziegfeld Follies and the title cover for "The Haunting Melody"
from the Broadway musical "Vera Violetta."
Languages represented in the collection:
Materials in the Department of Archives and Special Collections may be subject to copyright. Unless explicitly stated otherwise,
Loyola Marymount University does not claim ownership of the copyright of any materials in its collections. The user or publisher
must secure permission to publish from the copyright owner. Loyola Marymount University does not assume any responsibility
for infringement of copyright or of publication rights held by the original author or artists or his/her heirs, assigns, or
[Identification of item], Broadway Theater Collection, Box and Folder number, MS118, Department of Archives and Special Collections,
William H. Hannon Library, Loyola Marymount University.
These materials are of undetermined provenance.
This artificial collection consists of five items related to Broadway's golden age in the early part of the twentieth century.
They consist of:
- One photograph of either Nora Bayes or Mlle. Dazie, from the 1908 Ziegfeld Follies (folder 1).
- Black and white photograph of of women on stage, most likely "Ziegfeld Girls" of the 1908 Follies (folder 2).
- The cover title page of the George M. Cohan song, "The Haunting Melody," from the Broadway musical "Vera Violetta" (folder
- Black and white photograph of five men on stage in racoon coats (folder 4).
- Black and white photograph of two men in tuxedos (folder 5).
The material in this collection probably came from the
Benjamin Holzman Papers (MS107),
but there is no documentation to prove this. Holzman (1891-1963) was a Broadway theater critic and agent.
The following terms have been used to index the description of this collection in
the library's online public access catalog.
Broadway (New York, N.Y.)