Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Anshen & Allen Collection
2013-08  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (87.69 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
 
Table of contents What's This?
  • Access Statement
  • Publication Rights
  • Preferred Citation
  • Biographical Note
  • System of Arrangement
  • Scope and Contents
  • Related Collections
  • Project Index

  • Language of Material: English
    Contributing Institution: University of California, Berkeley. College of Environmental Design. Environmental Design Archives.
    Title: Anshen & Allen Collection
    creator: Allen, William Stephen, Jr.
    creator: Anshen, S. Robert
    creator: Eichler Homes, Inc.
    creator: Eichler, Joseph
    creator: Parker, Maynard
    creator: Partridge, Rondal
    creator: Shulman, Julius
    creator: Stone & Steccati
    Identifier/Call Number: 2013-08
    Physical Description: 38.5 Cubic Feet: 6 cartons, 2 document boxes, 1 flat box, 10 flat file drawers, and 1 tube
    Date (inclusive): 1917-2007
    Date (bulk): 1940-1994
    Abstract: The Anshen & Allen Collection spans the years 1917-2007 (bulk 1940-1994) and includes projects files documenting the first 50 years of the firm’s history and the activities of the two founding architects. The Collection is organized into four series: Personal Papers, Professional Papers, Office Records, and Project Records. Well-documented projects include the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, AZ (1956), the Dinosaur National Monument Visitor Center (1956), the Ernest Moore House in Carmel, CA (1956), the International Building in San Francisco (1961), and the University of California, Santa Cruz Natural Sciences Master Plan (1964).

    Access Statement

    Collection is open for research.

    Publication Rights

    All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from materials in the collection should be discussed with the Curator.

    Preferred Citation

    [Identification of Item], Anshen & Allen Collection, Environmental Design Archives, University of California, Berkeley.

    Biographical Note

    Robert (Bob) Anshen was born January 4, 1910 in Revere, Massachusetts and worked on Wall Street for several years before deciding to pursue architecture. He attended the University of Pennsylvania where he met Steve Allen, born July 15, 1912 in Neptune Township, New Jersey. Both received a Bachelor of Architecture in 1935 and Master of Architecture in 1936, and upon graduating received traveling fellowships allowing them to take a global tour, including Germany, Japan, and Italy. Their travels eventually came to an end when they reached San Francisco in 1937. Both began working as chief designers, Anshen for Clarence Tantau and Allen for Masten & Hurd. It was then they began to learn about and appreciate the characteristics of west coast design while dreaming of the day they could open their own office.
    In 1939, Anshen and Allen secured their first commission: a house for Ralph K. Davies, senior vice president for the Standard Oil Company, in Woodside, CA. The following year they formed the architectural firm, Anshen & Allen. The house was finished in 1941, one week before the attack on Pearl Harbor.
    During WWII, Allen served as a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy and Anshen as a Technical Director for the Housing Authority in Vallejo, CA. By 1946, both were back to practicing architecture full time, and with the help of Davies, they had a growing list of clients. The firm became known for a wide variety of project types including residential, commercial, educational, religious, and later specializing in medical buildings. Their most well known projects include the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, AZ and the International Building in San Francisco.
    In 1950, Anshen & Allen began collaborating with Joseph Eichler of Eichler Homes, Inc. to build the first modernist tract homes named for the developer. Bob Anshen would become known for adding an atrium to the building plans, a classic Eichler element. They continued this collaboration until 1960 when employee Claude Oakland, who had been doing much of the design, left to start his own firm and took over the account.
    Anshen joined the American Institute of Architects (AIA) in 1946 and became a Fellow in 1962. He was a lecturer at the University of California, Berkeley from 1952-1953, a lecturer at the Interior Design Conference is Aspen, CO in 1957, and was a registered architect in California, Nevada, Texas and Virginia. He was also on the original design team for the University of California, Santa Cruz. He died suddenly in 1964.
    Allen joined the American Institute of Architects in 1948, was the president of the AIA Northern California Chapter in 1956, and became a Fellow in 1959. He was a member of the San Francisco Art Commission from 1952-1956, Chairman of the Civic Design Commission from 1954-1956, and an advisor to the Architect Selection Committee for the California State Colleges in 1961. He was a registered architect in California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, and Virginia. He died at the age of 80 in 1992.
    Anshen & Allen continued to thrive under the direction of Principal Derek Parker until the firm was acquired by Stantec in 2010.
    Sources:
    Allen, William Stephen. Ralph K. Davies, n.d. Anshen & Allen Records, Environmental Design Archives, University of California, Berkeley.
    Portfolio, n.d. Anshen & Allen Records, Environmental Design Archives, University of California, Berkeley.

    System of Arrangement

    The records have been organized into four series (detailed below), which have then been further arranged into subseries in accordance with the guidelines published in the Standard Series for Architecture and Landscape Design Records (2000, Kelcy Shepherd and Waverly Lowell). Original order has been maintained when possible; however, in order to provide ease of access, an order has been imposed by the archivist in some cases.

    Scope and Contents

    The Anshen & Allen Collection spans the years 1917-2007 (bulk 1940-1994) and includes files documenting the projects of the firm and the activities of the two founding architects. The Collection is organized into four series: Personal Papers, Professional Papers, Office Records, and Project Records.
    Both the Personal and Professional Papers series are limited and contain documents primarily relating to Stephen Allen. Personal Papers include Allen’s college degrees, various student awards and certificates, and his family tree. Some personal correspondence of Robert Anshen’s is also included. The Professional Papers series contain Allen’s awards and certifications from architectural associations, and a brief history he wrote of client Ralph K. Davies. Also included is an article by Robert Anshen on housing and a presentation given on the firm’s marine projects.
    The Office Records series consists primarily of records related to marketing the firm including publication correspondence, award submissions, presentation drawings and photographs, brochures, and portfolios. The Clippings subseries is the most significant and contains news and magazine articles written about the firm, the founding architects, and their many projects. Anshen & Allen won the competition for the University of California, Berkeley Lawrence Hall of Science (1968) and the collection contains photographs of the four competing design entries from Vernon DeMars, Eero Saarinen & Associates, Louis Kahn, and Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.
    The Project Records make up the bulk of the collection and consist of files, photographs, slides, and architectural drawings documenting projects from the first 50 years of the firm’s history. Well-documented projects include the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, AZ (1956), the Dinosaur National Monument Visitor Center (1956), the Ernest Moore House in Carmel, CA (1956), the International Building in San Francisco (1961), and the University of California, Santa Cruz Natural Sciences Master Plan (1964). Other projects in the collection include a proposal for a second Bay Bridge known as the Southern Crossing (1972), the San Francisco Golden Gateway development (1960), and a competition entry for the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial in Washington, D.C. (1961).

    Related Collections

    John Hans Ostwald Collection, Environmental Design Archives, University of California, Berkeley.
    William Stephen Allen, Jr., Collection (110), Architectural Archives, University of Pennsylvania.

    Project Index

    The following is a list of architectural projects from the Anshen & Allen Collection. For more complete information about collection contents for each project download the complete Project Index in an Excel spreadsheet format by going to Anshen & Allen Collection page . For instructions on interpreting the Project Index, see The Guide to the Project Index.   The project list below, derived from the Project Index, is arranged alphabetically by Project/Client Name and contains information, where available, about the location, date, project type, collaborators, photographers, and formats for each project in the collection.
    Project/Client Name (location, date, project type) Collaborator (role), Photographer [Format - Ms=Manuscripts, Dr=Drawings, Ph=Photographs]
    • Agee, James ( Berkeley , CA ; 1953-1956 ; residential ) [Ms, Ph]
    • Agee, James R. ( Oakland , CA ; 1950-1951 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Allen, William Stephen ( n.d. ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Allen, William Stephen: Tanglewood ( Sausalito , CA ; 1956-1978, 2000 ; residential ) [Ms, Dr]
    • American Independent Oil Company: Mena Abdulla Field Headquarters ( 1948, 1956-1958 ; commercial ) [Dr]
    • American Independent Palace for Sir Ahmed Al-Jaber As-Subah ( Kuwait ; n.d. ; residential ) [Dr, Ph]
    • American Presidents Lines ( San Francisco , CA ; 1954-1968 ; commercial ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Ames Research Center [see United States Aeronautics Space Administration]
    • Aminol - Kuwait Hospital ( 1958 ; medical ) [Dr]
    • Anshen, Robert: Strawberry Island House ( Strawberry , CA ; 1963 ; residential ) [Dr, Ph]
    • Arons, J.J (Country Club Tract) ( San Rafael , CA ; 1954-1956 ; residential ) [Ms, Ph]
    • Avila ( n.d. ; residential ) [Ph]
    • Bank of America Data Centers ( Los Angeles and San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; commercial ) [Ms]
    • Bank of California ( Portland , OR ; 1965-1967 ; commercial ) Photographer: Shulman, J. [Dr, Ph]
    • Bank of California, remodel ( San Francisco , CA ; 1917, 1964-1974, 1981 ; commercial ) Collaborator: Bliss & Faville (Architects) ; Photographer: Shulman, J. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Bay Street Apartments ( San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; residential-multi ) [Ph]
    • Boley ( n.d. ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Boyer, Oliver D. ( Carmichael , CA ; 1950-1951, 1957-1961, 1970 ; residential ) [Dr, Ph]
    • Burnham, John ( Fairfield , CA ; 1956-1957, 1963 ; residential ) [Ms, Ph]
    • Chamberlin, J.W. ( Sonoma County , CA ; 1953 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Chapel of the Holy Cross ( Sedona , AZ ; 1954-1968, 1981-1984, 1991, 1994 ; religious ) Photographer: Shulman, J. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Chartered Bank of London ( Los Angeles , CA ; n.d. ; commercial ) Photographer: Shulman, J. [Ph]
    • Chartered Bank of London (Union Bank) ( San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; commercial ) [Ph]
    • Church Divinity School of the Pacific ( Berkeley , CA ; 1956 ; educational ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Circle C Ranch ( New Meadows , ID ; 1973 ; commercial ) [Dr]
    • Coast Counties Gas & Electric ( Walnut Creek , CA ; 1948-1950 ; commercial ) Photographer: Partridge, R. [Ms, Ph]
    • Coffin Redington Company: Warehouse and Offices ( South San Francisco , CA ; 1958 ; commercial ) [Ph]
    • Community for the Retired ( Sacramento , CA ; 1961 ; residential: sub-division ) [Dr]
    • Competition: Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial (FDR) ( Washington, D.C. , 1961 ; governmental ) [Ms, Ph]
    • Cooper Pharmaceutical ( Palo Alto , CA ; 1977 ; commercial ) [Dr]
    • Coyote Point Museum, Wildlife Center ( San Mateo , CA ; 1984 ; cultural ) [Dr]
    • Davies, Ralph ( Woodside , CA ; 1940-1969, 1983, 2004 ; residential ) Collaborator: Church, T. (Landscape Architect) ; Photographer: Parker, M., Partridge, R., Stone, D. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Davies, Ralph (Diamond D Ranch) ( Middletown , CA ; 1945 ; residential ) [Ph]
    • Day, John ( 1954 ; residential ) [Ph]
    • Design: Estate ( 1959 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Design: Factory Fabricated Home ( 1976 ; residential ) [Ph]
    • Design: Residence ( n.d. ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Design: Residence ( n.d. ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Diamond, Bernard: Mountain Cabin ( Squaw Valley , CA ; 1957-1960 ; residential ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Dinosaur National Monument Visitor Center ( Vernal , UT ; 1956-1962, 1999 ; governmental ) Photographer: Hupy, A. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Doty, Richard ( San Francisco , CA ; 1957-1961 ; residential ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Douglas Fur Plywood Association ( Tacoma , WA ; 1955, 1959 ; commercial ) [Ms, Ph]
    • Emmons, Walter Reed ( Carmel , CA ; 1951-1953 ; residential ) [Ms, Ph]
    • Food Machinery & Chemical Corporation ( Santa Clara , CA ; 1958-1962 ; commercial ) Collaborator: Scott, Geraldine K. (landscape architect) [Ms, Ph]
    • Gavello Homes Company: Gavello Glen ( Sunnyvale , CA ; 1953-1960 ; residential: sub-division ) [Ms, Ph]
    • Gavello, Elmer ( Atherton , CA ; 1956-1964, 1968, 1971 ; residential ) Photographer: Braun, E. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Gibson, C.E. ( Lake Tahoe , NV ; 1961 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Good Samaritan Hospital ( San Jose , CA ; 1963-1980, 1990 ; commercial ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Greene, Marion: The Arbor ( St. Helena , CA ; 1976-1977 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Hart, L.A ( Dallas , TX ; 1956 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Honig Cooper Advertising Agency ( San Francisco , CA ; 1956-1957, 1960 ; commercial ) Photographer: Sturtevant, R. [Ms, Ph]
    • Horsley, Alan ( Danville , CA ; 1950, 1962 ; residential ) [Dr, Ph]
    • Hurd, Lester B. ( Calistoga , CA ; 1969 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • International Longshoremen's and Warehousemen's Union Headquarters ( San Francisco , CA ; 1971 ; commercial ) [Dr]
    • Lewis, D.H. ( Woodside , CA ; 1956 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Lewis, Robert J. ( Menlo Park , CA ; 1955 ; residential ) Photographer: Bauer, K. [Dr, Ph]
    • Life Magazine House ( 1957 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Lindsey ( Sacramento , CA ; n.d. ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Lindsey & Co.: El Dorado Hills Swim and Tennis Club ( El Dorado Hills , CA ; 1962 ; recreational ) [Dr]
    • Lucky Market ( San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; commercial ) [Ph]
    • MacKay & Associates: Sunshine Glen ( Palo Alto , CA ; 1954-1960 ; residential ) [Ms, Ph]
    • MacKay Tract House ( Santa Clara , CA ; n.d. ; residential ) [Ph]
    • Marin Land Company: Harbor Point Beach Club ( Strawberry , CA ; 1956-1957 ; recreational ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Mauzy School ( Contra Costa County , CA ; n.d. ; educational ) [Dr]
    • Maxwell, Donald S. ( Sacramento , CA ; 1960 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Maywood ( Santa Clara , CA ; 1956 ; residential ) [Ph]
    • McComish, Ralph ( n.d. ; residential ) [Ph]
    • Mechanics Bank ( Richmond , CA ; n.d. ; commercial ) [Dr, Ph]
    • Memory Gardens ( Concord , CA ; 1955-1956 ; funerary ) Photographer: Sturtevant, R. [Ms, Ph]
    • Moore, Ernest Nelson ( Carmel , CA ; 1952-1956 ; residential ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Natomas Co.: International Bldg (aka American President Lines Bldg) ( San Francisco , CA ; 1959-1966, 1969, 1976 ; commercial ) Photographer: Shulman, J. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Nob Hill Garage [see Standard Oil Co.: Parking Garage and Service Station No. 5665]
    • Northern California Presbyterian Homes: Sequoias of Burlingame ( Burlingame , CA ; n.d. ; residential: sub-division ) [Ph]
    • Northwest Texas Medical Center ( Amarillo , TX ; n.d. ; medical ) [Dr]
    • Ostwald, John Hans ( Berkeley , CA ; 1947 ; residential ) Collaborator: Ostwald, J.H. (Architect) [Ms, Ph]
    • Outten Industries Lodge ( Squaw Valley , CA ; 1959 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Palo Alto Development Co.: House Models ( 1954-1956 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Royal Alexander Hospital ( n.d. ; medical ) [Dr]
    • San Diego Coronado Bridge: Building and Toll Plaza ( Coronado , CA ; 1965 ; transportation ) [Dr]
    • San Francisco Redevelopment Agency: The Golden Gateway ( San Francisco , CA ; 1960-1965, 1980 ; residential-multi ) Collaborator: Eichler Homes, Inc. (Developer) ; Photographer: Symes, D. [Ms, Ph]
    • Sawyer, Charles G. ( Monterey County , CA ; 1958 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Schlage Lock Company | J. Walter Thompson Company ( 1960 ; commercial ) [Dr]
    • Schrumpf, Robert ( San Anselmo , CA ; 1948 ; residential ) Photographer: Stone & Steccati [Ph]
    • Sequoia National Park Visitors Center [see United States National Park Service]
    • Silverstone, Herschel: Silverstone Mexican Rancho ( Taxco , Mexico ; 1946-1951, 1957 ; residential ) Photographer: Parker, M. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • St. Mary's Square Garage, Inc.: St. Mary's Square Garage ( San Francisco , CA ; 1973 ; commercial ) [Dr, Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Maintenance Warehouse ( Seattle , WA ; 1951 ; transporation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Parking Garage and Service Station No. 5665 (aka Nob Hill Garage) ( San Francisco , CA ; 1955 ; transportation ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Proposed Service Station ( San Mateo , CA ; n.d. ; transportation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Proposed Service Station ( San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; transportation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station ( Fresno , CA ; n.d. ; transportation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station ( San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; transportation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station ( Sonora , CA ; n.d. ; transportation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station ( Vallejo , CA ; n.d. ; transportation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station No. 0838 ( San Francisco , CA ; 1946 ; transporation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station No. 0854 ( Berkeley , CA ; n.d. ; transportation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station No. 3256 ( Honolulu , HI ; 1947 ; transporation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station No. 4003 ( Honolulu , HI ; 1947-1948 ; transporation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station No. 4485 ( Berkeley , CA ; n.d. ; transporation ) [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station No. 6940 ( South San Francisco , CA ; 1954-1955 ; transporation ) [Dr, Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station No. 7639 ( Oakland , CA ; n.d. ; transportation ) Photographer: Stone & Steccati [Ph]
    • Standard Oil Company of California: Service Station No. 8677 ( San Lorenzo , CA ; n.d. ; transportation ) Photographer: Stone & Steccati [Ph]
    • Stanford University: School Of Earth Sciences, Conference Center ( Palo Alto , CA ; n.d. ; educational ) [Dr]
    • State of California: San Mateo-Hayward Bridge ( San Mateo , CA ; 1967-1974 ; transporation ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • State of California: Southern Crossing of San Francisco Bay ( San Francisco , CA ; 1966-1972 ; transporation ) [Ph]
    • Staude, E.V., studio ( Big Sur , CA ; 1966 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Stiavelli Flats ( San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; residential-multi ) Photographer: Sturtevant, R. [Ph]
    • Stofle, Don ( Berkeley , CA ; 1949 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Taylor Instrument Company ( San Leandro , CA ; n.d. ; commercial ) Photographer: Stone & Steccati [Ms, Ph]
    • Title Council of America ( 1957-1958 ; recreational ) [Ms, Ph]
    • Toll Bridge Administration: Dumbarton Bridge ( Fremont , CA ; 1966, 1971-1978 ; transportation ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Tommys Toy's Cuisine Chinoise ( San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; commercial ) [Ph]
    • Triad Construction Co.: House Model AA-808 ( 1954 ; residential ) [Dr]
    • Union Bank of San Francisco ( San Francisco , CA ; 1969 ; commercial ) [Dr]
    • Unitarian Church, Fairfax ( Fairfax County , VA ; 1961 ; religious ) Collaborator: McHugh, J. (Architect) [Dr]
    • United Airlines Ticket Office ( San Francisco , CA ; 1956-1957 ; commercial ) [Ms, Ph]
    • United Methodist Church, Central ( Stockton , CA ; 1961-1965, 1976 ; religious ) Collaborator: Tritenbach & Schipanski (Landscape Architects) ; Photographer: Sturtevant, R. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • United States Court of Appeals and Post Office Bldg, restoration ( San Francisco , CA ; 1934, c. 1978 ; governmental ) Photographer: Citret, M. [Ms, Ph]
    • United States National Aeronautics Space Administration: Ames Research Center, Life Science Laboratory (NASA) ( Moffett Field , CA ; 1963-1964 ; governmental ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • United States National Park Service: Sequoia National Park, Visitors Center ( Tulare County , CA ; n.d. ; recreational ) [Ph]
    • United States Navy: Engineering Bldg. ( Vallejo , CA ; n.d. ; governmental ) [Dr]
    • United States Veterans Health Administration, Infirmary (VHA) ( n.d. ; medical ) [Ph]
    • Universal Electronics Corporation: Radio Cabinet ( n.d. ; commercial ) [Dr]
    • University of California, Berkeley: College of Chemistry ( Berkeley , CA ; 1958-1968, 1983 ; educational ) Photographer: Knight, G.; Partridge, R.; Sturtevant, R. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • University of California, Berkeley: Lawrence Hall of Science ( Berkeley , CA ; 1962-1970, 1979, 1984, 2001 ; educational ) Photographer: Nimmer, L.; Partridge, R.; Shulman, J. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • University of California, Berkeley: Parking Structure A ( Berkeley , CA ; 1962-1970 ; educational ) [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • University of California, Berkeley: Parking Structure D ( Berkeley , CA ; 1960-1963, 1969, 1973 ; educational ) [Ms, Ph]
    • University of California, Berkeley: Parking Structure F ( Berkeley , CA ; 1971 ; educational ) Photographer: Knight, G. [Dr, Ph]
    • University of California, Berkeley: Parking Structure Oxford St. ( Berkeley , CA ; 1970 ; educational ) [Ph]
    • University of California, Berkeley: Space Sciences Laboratory ( Berkeley , CA ; 1963-1967 ; educational ) Photographer: Partridge, R. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • University of California, Davis: Field Research Laboratories ( Davis , CA ; 1956 ; educational ) [Ms, Dr]
    • University of California, Santa Cruz: Natural Sciences Master Plan ( Santa Cruz , CA ; 1964-1969, 1979 ; educational ) Collaborator: Church, T. (Landscape Architect) ; Photographer: Bry, M. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • University of Southern California: Kenneth Norris Jr. Cancer Hospital and Research Institute ( Los Angeles , CA ; 1991-1992 ; educational ) [Dr]
    • Villa Roma Motel ( San Francisco , CA ; 1960-1962 ; commercial ) Photographer: Knight, G. [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Weber, Ruth E. ( Palo Alto , CA ; 1954 ; residential ) Collaborator: Eichler Homes, Inc. (Developer) [Ms]
    • White, Henry: Super Service Station ( Honolulu , HI ; 1947 ; transporation ) [Ph]
    • Williams, G.W. (Mills Park) ( San Bruno , CA ; 1955 ; residential ) Photographer: Parker, M. [Ms, Ph]
    • Winter, William ( Kent Woodlands , CA ; 1951 ; residential ) Photographer: Partridge, R. [Dr, Ph]
    • World Trade Club (Ferry Building) ( San Francisco , CA ; 1959-1963 ; recreational ) Photographer: Stone & Steccati [Ms, Dr, Ph]
    • Yerby Corporation, The: San Francisco Executive Park Master Plan ( San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; commercial ) [Ph]
    • Zanetti, Joseph ( San Francisco , CA ; n.d. ; residential ) Photographer: Stone & Steccati [Ms, Ph]
    • Zurcher: Eichler Homes Model AA 222 ( Atherton , CA ; 1951-1953 ; residential ) Collaborator: Eichler Homes, Inc. (Developer) [Dr]

    Subjects and Indexing Terms

    Architecture
    California Modernism
    Educational Institutions
    Transportation
    Housing
    Allen, William Stephen, Jr.
    Anshen, S. Robert
    Eichler Homes, Inc.
    Eichler, Joseph
    Parker, Maynard
    Partridge, Rondal
    Shulman, Julius
    Stone & Steccati