These records include an accounts payable ledger which records expenses incurred by the Nevada Copper Belt Railroad Company
during its construction from 1909 to 1911 and a daily report of train and engine movements for July 1925.
The Nevada Copper Belt Railroad Company was a 41-mile road in Lyon County, Nevada incorporated in 1909 primarily to haul freight
and copper from the Ludwig Mines to a smelter near Wabuska. It also carried mail, passeners and other freight. Grading
on the road began in September of 1909 and was completed in October of 1911. Passenger service terminated in 1945 and the
entire line was abandoned in 1947 because of a shortage of copper and gypsum.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the CSRM as the
owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be
obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research by appointment. Contact Library Staff.