The Palos Verdes Peninsula News began publication in October 1937 as the Palos Verdes News and served a population of under
1,000. Founder and first publisher John J. Knezevich started the paper to replace the Peninsula's first community newspaper,
the Palos Verdes Bulletin, which was published from 1929 to 1933. Knezevich's intention was to provide the community with
a local newspaper and to help promote the sale of real estate on the Peninsula.