The collection contains six bound volumes of issues of the Sacramento Star from 1912, 1913, 1914, and 1924.
The Sacramento Star was a daily (except Sunday) newspaper published in Sacramento from 1904 to 1925. It was founded by William
Hempstead Porterfield. In 1925, McClatchy Newspapers purchased it and merged it with the Sacramento Bee.
1.5 Linear Feet
All requests to publish or quote from private manuscripts held by the Center for Sacramento History (CSH) must be submitted
in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Permission for publication is given on behalf of CSH as the owner of the physical
items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the patron.
No permission is necessary to publish or quote from public records.
Collection is open for research use.