From 1943-1944, in the midst of World War II, the UC College of Agriculture at Davis
(now the University of California, Davis) was closed and converted to a training facility for the Western Signal
Corps School (WSCS). The collection contains school newsletters, a student guide, commemorative album, farewell
menu, as well as several photographs.
During the fall of 1942 the U.S. Army negotiated with university President Robert Sproul for the use of the
Davis campus as a military training school. On January 1, 1943 the entire Davis campus was officially converted
into a training facility for the Western Signal Corps School (WSCS).
Copyright is protected by the copyright law, chapter 17, of the U.S. Code. All requests for permission to
publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the Department of Special Collections, General Library, University of
California, Davis as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the
copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Collection is open for research.