This collection documents the history of the San José Peace & Justice Center from 1948 to 2013. The collection records
include: administrative records, board minute records, correspondence, newsletters, photographs, publicity and event files,
news clippings, and ephemera.
The San José Peace and Justice Center (SJPJC) was founded in 1957. Its founding members were concerned about peace and social
justice, especially in regards to the growing nuclear arms race between the Soviet Union and the United States. For more than
fifty years, the Peace and Justice Center has promoted non-violent civil disobedience in favor of racial and gender equality
and world peace.
(7.5 linear feet)
Copyright is assigned to the San José State University Special Collections & Archives. All requests for permission to publish
or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of Special Collections. Permission for publication
is given on behalf of the Special Collections & Archives. Copyright restrictions may apply to digital reproductions of the
original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.
The collection is open for research.