The collection includes minutes, reports,
correspondence, publications, membership lists, clipping files, and photographs related to the operation and activities of
the Cal Aggie Alumni Association.
The Cal Aggie Alumni Association (CAAA) began in 1912 as an association of graduates of the University Farm School. It
formalized its role in 1930, when it was chartered as the Davis chapter of the California Alumni Association at UC Berkeley.
In 1963, the CAAA became an independent group under the leadership of John L. Hardie, its first director. The Cal Aggie
Alumni Association underwrites UC Davis Magazine and, as of November 2017, represents 250,000 living alumni.
All applicable copyrights for the collection are protected under chapter 17 of the U.S. Copyright Code. Requests for
permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the Regents of the University of California as the owner of the physical items. It is
not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Collection is open for research.