Business records of the California Northwestern Railway.
The California Northwestern Railway was incorporated on March 17, 1898. When the CNW became part of the Northwestern Pacific
Railroad Company (effective January 8, 1907), the company owned 39.91 miles of a single track railroad extending north from
Ukiah to Sherwood. It also operated 165 miles of road owned by the San Francisco and North Pacific Railway Company, extending
from Tiburon to Ukiah with branches.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Capital District Collections Manager. Permission for publication is given
on behalf of the CSRM as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright
holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research by appointment only. Please give us 7 days advance notice.