The collection contains bylaws of the corporation, minutes of meetings, lists of
stockholders and correspondence with them. Also included are papers relating to land
claims, company operations, financial information and reports, and business
correspondence. Blueprints are for dredges designed by Ed Smith. Plat maps show the
company's ditch lines, transmission lines and proposals for resorts on Trinity Reservoir.
The Trinity Dredging Company owned one dredge which was used to mine for gold on the
Trinity River. In 1909, the Trinity Dredging Company was incorporated and Ed L. Smith
managed the Company until his death in 1923. Management of the company was continued by
his daughter, Mary E. Smith. After 1938 the Trinity Dredging Company ceased its mining
operations. Income was generated from the rental of the dredge and the leasing of
property until the Company dissolved in 1959.
The library can only claim physical ownership of the collection. Users are responsible
for satisfying any claimants of literary property .
Collection is open for research.