Material Transferred from the Collection
Title: Carson Hill Gold Mining Corporation,
Date (inclusive): 1917-1942
Box Number: 858-877, 1636-1640
Carson Hill Gold Mining Corporation
California State Library
Conditions of Use
Please credit California State Library.
Copyright has not been assigned to California State Library. All requests for permission
to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing. Permission for
publication is given on behalf of California State Library as the owner of the physical
items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which
must also be obtained by the reader.
[Identification of item], Carson Hill Gold Mining Corporation, California State Library.
Gold mines and mining--California--Calaveras County.
Carson Hill Gold Mining Corporation (Calif.)
Carson Hill (Calif.)--History.
Application and information cards, bills and invoices, correspondence, daily assay, mill
& precipitation reports, detailed company costs, expenditures miscellany, general
accounts, journal entries, memos, mining returns, operation & production records, pay
roll, requisitions, statement of bullion sent to mint, mill report, timber inventory,
timebook and timecards
In 1919, W. J. Loring and Assoc. of Boston formed the Carson Hill Gold Mines Co., Inc.
with A. D. Stevenot as superintendent. The Morgan Hill and the Calaveras Mine and Mill
were purchased and a rich hanging ore wall was discovered at the Morgan mine. During the
next few years, additional properties were absorbed, including those of the Melones
Consolidated Mining Co., and the name of the company was changed to Carson Hill Gold
Mining Corporation. However, after encountering the rich ore body in the Morgan, the
other mines were neglected. Furthermore, in 1924, a policy of selective mining was
adopted which ultimately resulted in a decrease in the earnings and tonnage output. The
company operated the properties thus until 1926 when for lack of capital they were forced
In 1933, the Carson Hill Gold Mining Corporation was reorganized by a group of western
entreprenueurs led by A. O. Stewart and J. A. Burgess as mine superintendent. The
Melones, Calaveras, and Morgan Mines were put back into operation. The Carson Hill Gold
Mining Corp. continued operation until May 1942 when the mill was destroyed by fire.
- Davis, John Francis, 1859-1930.
- American Mining Congress Special Information Service
- American Zinc, Lead and Smelting Company
- Arizona mining journal
- Bernard, Bandler and Sons
- Bertheau, Cesar, 1820-1896.
- Braun-Knecht-Heimann Company
- Bruce, Grover L.
- California Hotel Company
- California. Industrial Accident Commission
(SEE: Industrial Accident Commission of the State of California)
- California Iron Yards Company, Inc.
- Carson Trading Store
- Clark, Jack
- Consumers Fuse and Powder Company
- Coppus Engineering Company
- East Asiatic Company, Inc.
- Electric Appliance Company
- Electric, Railway and Manufacturers' Supply Co.
- Employers' Liability Assurance Corporation, Limited
- Engineering and mining journal
- Fairbanks, Morse and Co.
- Finley, J. F. (Office of)
- First National Bank.
- Gardner Denver Company
- General Motors Company.
- Hamilton, Beauchamp, Woodworth
- Harring, Wm.
- Hildingson, N.
- Industrial Accident Commission of the State of California
- Isaac Upham Company
- John A. Roebling's Sons Company of California
(SEE: Roeblings, John A. Sons Co. of California)
- Marhoff, Jesse
- Melones Cyaniding Company
- Merrick Scale Manufacturing Co.
- Mines Supply Co.
- Mining congress journal
- Pacific Coast Gold Mines Corporation
- Pacific Coast Rubber and Supply Co., Inc.
- Pacific Foamite Firefoam Co., Inc.
- Pacific Mill and Mine Supply Co.
- Pennington, George W. Sons, Inc.
- Polansky, A.R. Used Machinery.
- Processed Diamond Bit and Tool Company Inc.
- Raggio-Carlow Company
- Roebling's, John A. Sons Co. of California
- Ross Collection Agency
- San Francisco call bulletin
- San Francisco examiner
- Sierra Railroad.
- Solinsky, F. J.
- Sonora Abstract and Title Company
- Stockton Iron Works
- Techow Laboratories
- Thyle Machinery Co.
- Tintic Standard Mining Company
- Tyler, Ed.
- United States. Bureau of Mines.
- Utica Mining Co.
- Verda, Vincent
- Wagusie, John I.
- Woodled-Pulich Printing Co.
- Wright, Mark H.
Material Transferred from the Collection