This collection consists of photographs
of Adohr Farms' dairy operations in Reseda and Buttonwillow, California, which have
been mounted on black board with captions.
The Adohr Farms milk dairy was located in Tarzana, California at Ventura Boulevard and
Lindley Avenue. The dairy was established by Merritt Adamson 1916, and named for his
wife, Rhoda (spelled backwards). During the Depression, the Adamson’s sold off most of
their land. In the late 1940s, Adohr Farms moved to Camarillo, and was eventually sold
to Southland Corporation in the mid-1960s.
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s)
of this collection has been transferred to California State University, Northridge.
Copyright status for other materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of
materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by
fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the
public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright
owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
The collection is open for research use.