Guide to the Adohr Farms Collection, 1937
Special Collections & Archives
18111 Nordhoff St.
Northridge, CA 91330
Phone: (818) 677-2832
Fax: (818) 677-2589
© Copyright 2012 Special Collections & Archives. All rights reserved.
Overview of the Collection
Collection Title: Adohr Farms Collection
Adohr Milk Farms
0.42 linear feet
Language of Materials:
Abstract: This collection consists of photographs
of Adohr Farms' dairy operations in Reseda and Buttonwillow, California, which have
been mounted on black board with captions.
The Adohr Farms milk dairy was located in Tarzana, California at Ventura Boulevard and
Lindley Avenue. The dairy was established by Merritt Adamson 1916, and named for his
wife, Rhoda (spelled backwards). During the Depression, the Adamson’s sold off most of
their land. In the late 1940s, Adohr Farms moved to Camarillo, and was eventually sold
to Southland Corporation in the mid-1960s.
This Collection is indexed under the following controlled access subject terms.
Adohr Milk Farms --
Genre/Form of Material:
Buttonwillow (Calif.) --
Reseda (Los Angeles,
Calif.) -- Photographs
Dairy farms -- California -- Buttonwillow
Dairy farms -- California -- Reseda --
Conditions Governing Use:
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s)
of this collection has been transferred to California State University, Northridge.
Copyright status for other materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of
materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by
fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the
public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright
owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is open for research use.
[Identification of item], [date],
, Special Collections and Archives, Oviatt Library, California State
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of photographs of Adohr Farms' dairy operations in Reseda
and Buttonwillow, California, which have been mounted on black board with captions.