Record Series 255 contains the administrative files of Jeanne Fulkerson Williams of the School of Medicine at the University
of California, Los Angeles.
The School of Medicine was established in 1947 on a 35-acre site at the south end of the campus. The first class of 28 medical
students was accepted in 1951. In 1954, it moved to permanent buildings; and has grown since. The founding dean of the medical
school was Dr. Stafford L. Warren. In addition to Dean Warren, Dr. Charles Carpenter, professor of infectious diseases; Dr.
John Lawrence, professor of medicine; Dr. Andrew Dowdy, professor of radiology; and Dr. William Longmire, professor of surgery
were the original faculty of the school.
6.4 linear ft.
(11 boxes, 2 cartons)
Copyright of portions of this collection is held by The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University Archives
can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish or quote
must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.