The Carson and Colorado Railway was incorporated February 27, 1892, and in July and August, 1892, it acquired: the Carson
and Colorado Railroad Company, which operated 157.60 miles of main line from Mound House to Candelaria Nevada, the Carson
and Colorado Railroad, Second Division, operating 33.50 miles from Filben over Mt. Montgomery Pass to the Nevada-California
line, and the Carson and Colorado Railroad, Third Division, which operated 108 miles from the Nevada-California line to Keeler,
California. On March 1, 1900, the Carson and Colorado Railway came under the control of the Southern Pacific Company and on
May 11, 1905, it was sold to the Nevada and California Railway.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for
permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Senior
Curator. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the CSRM as the owner of the
physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder,
which must also be obtained by the reader.