Scope and Content
Title: Marshall Dill, Sr. Papers,
Date (inclusive): 1920-1961
Collection number: MS 3357
Dill, Marshall, Sr.
Extent: 4 boxes and 13 scrapbooks
California Historical Society, North Baker Library
San Francisco, California 94105-4014
National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (NUCMC) Identification Number:
Gift of Marshall Dill, Jr., 1977.
Collection is open for research by appointment only.
Copyright has not been assigned to The North Baker Research Library. All requests for
permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing
to the Library Director. Permission for publication is given on behalf
of The North Baker Research Library as the owner of the physical items and is not intended
to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be
obtained by the reader.
[Identification of item], Marshall Dill, Sr. Papers. MS 3357, California Historical Society, North Baker Research Library.
Scope and Content
The collection consists of correspondence and speeches relating to the positions Dill held with the San Francisco Public Utilities
Commission, San Francisco Housing Authority, San Francisco Grand Jury (Foreman), San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, and the
Alien Enemy Hearing Board of the Northern District of California. The collection reflects Dill's involvement in the civic
affairs of the city in the 1920s through the 1940s. The bulk of the collection centers on his position and a ctivities with
the Golden Gate International Exposition, of which Dill was appointed president in 1940. Business correspondence from his
firm Dill-Crosett, Inc., an import-export company is also included.
- Atherton, Edwin N. (folders 5, 6)
- Brady, Mathew (folder 6)
- Chevalier, Maurice (folders 39, 42)
- Conlon, James (folder 6)
- Cowles, Paul (folder 39)
- Hearst, William Randolph, 1863-1951 (folder 39)
- Lapham, Roger Dearborn, 1918-1966 (folder 12)
- Lewis, John (folder 5, 6)
- Ostrow, Al (folder 15)
- Quinn, William (folder 6)
- Rossi, Angelo J., 1878-1948 (folders 5, 6, 12)
- Bohemian Club, San Francisco (folders 24, 39, 40)
- Dill-Crossett, Inc., San Francisco (folder 2)
- California. Alien Enemy Hearing Board (folder 11)
- Police corruption--San Francisco (folder 5, 6)
- San Francisco. Golden Gate International Exposition, 1939 (folders 25-33, 44, 46)
- San Francisco. Grand Jury (folders 5-10)
- San Francisco. Housing Authority (folder 13)
- San Francisco--Politics and Government (folders 5-13, 15, 25-37, 44, 46)
- San Francisco--Business (folder 1-3, 19-21)
- San Francisco. Chamber of Commerce (folders 19-22)
- San Francisco. Public Utilities Commission (folder 15, 36, 37)
- San Francisco. Municipal Railway (folder 15)