Minutes of meetings; laws of the company, bills of sale, accounts.
The Spring Tunneling Company held its first meeting on November 24, 1855. It was located
in Nevada County on Cement Hill in the Upper Rush Creek district adjacent to land owned
by the Empire Company. Tunneling began in early 1856 with the object of mining gold.
Meetings were held in Newtown and presided over by the company's first president, Mr.
Please credit California State Library.