The Golden Gate National Recreation Area National Maritime Museum photographs and media, 1977-1988 (SAFR 22245, P91-069) consists
of 3.2 linear feet of materials created by Golden Gate National Recreation Area National Maritime Museum staff during the
course of their work on facilities and ships from 1977-1988. The collection is described at the file unit level with items
listed, and is open for use without restriction.
The San Francisco Maritime State Historic Park was established in 1956 and existed under this name until 1977 when it became
the National Maritime Museum, part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. In 1988 the National Maritime Museum (sometimes
referred to as the Maritime Unit) became a separate national park called the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park,
the name it is still known by today.
Some items available online.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.