UCLA was founded in 1919 as the Southern Branch of the University of California, with a campus on Vermont Avenue. As part
of its two-year undergraduate program in Letters and Science, the Department of Art, Department of Music, and Art Gallery
were created at this time. In 1926 the campus moved to its current site in Westwood and in the following year, the Regents
adopted the name, University of California at Los Angeles.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.