The records include correspondence, minutes, memoranda, and other office files; budget records; general information regarding
the Latin American Studies program; conference materials; grant files; course readings and bibliographies; and files on various
University departments and committees that were major influences on the direction and administration of the program.
The Stanford University Institute of Hispanic-American and Luso-Brazilian Studies, authorized in 1958 and directed by Ronald
Hilton, was reorganized in 1964 as the Latin American Studies Program under the authority of the Committee for International
Studies. Today the mission of the Center for Latin American Studies, located in Bolivar House, is to support research and
teaching on Latin America by the faculty and students of Stanford in all fields of study.
67.5 Linear feet (45 boxes)
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
Personnel files in Series 1 are restricted until January 1, 2057. Otherwise this collection is open for research; materials
must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.